Winter Formal

Sydney, staff

The holiday season is upon us all, but after all the excitement of Christmas and New Year’s Day, our lives as students will go back to being normal, boring, and unbearably loaded down with homework. The month of January is usually just a long, cold, eventless time of the school year, but our student council is planning to change that.

For years upon years, students have expressed wishes for additional school dances besides prom. Many have tried to make one happen, but all attempts eventually flopped. Something in the air tells me this one is going to be different. This winter dance could be Springville’s very own take on Hawkin’s Snow Ball. (Where are my Stranger Things fans at?) The name isn’t set, but, hey, we can dream.

Be bold, summon up some courage, and ask your own Steve or Nancy to the dance. The council is working hard to plan and make it the best it can be for our student body. Girls, go ahead and start looking at some cute semi-formal dresses. (We finally get to wear one!!) There is talk of an off-campus site for the venue and, of course, the decorations will be wintry and beautiful.

The winter semi-formal is scheduled for Saturday, January 20. The cost should be considerably less than prom costs, and tickets will be cheaper purchased for couples than a single ticket. All details are subject to change, so stay tuned to The Jungle, keep reading The Roar, and listen for Student Council announcements to get more information on this event. Grab a date or some friends, and make plans to attend Springville’s very first winter dance! Help us get an estimate of interest by taking our poll on the home page of The Roar!

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Winter Formal”

1. maddy kent on December 7th, 2017 9:47 am

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A WINTER FORMAL !!! it would make senior yr so much not fun!!

[Reply]

2. Jack Wyatt on December 8th, 2017 9:53 pm

Sydney, I love Stranger Things and also I want an Amazon gift card!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Winter Formal