My Advice to Upcoming Freshmen

Madison, staff

As my days as a student at Springville High School draw to an end, I have begun to reflect on my days here. After a couple of years, I got the hang of high school, and I am here to share my advice with you in order to enjoy and be successful in high school.  

1) Get involved in extracurricular activities 

My favorite memories at Springville are from my time playing volleyball. It is an easy way to find friends and be involved at the school. Springville has many extracurricular activities to choose from such as band, sports, and dance team.  

2) Do your work 

As much as you don’t want to, just do your work. Doing your classwork can give you easy grades to keep your grade up in the class and can help you better understand the material. 

3) Respect Your Teachers 

You may not always like or agree with your teachers, but if you treat them with respect, things will be better for you in the long run 

4) Choose fun electives 

Springville has a lot of elective classes to choose from. My favorite electives that I took are FACS and Journalism.  

5) Get involved in clubs 

I am a member of Beta Club, Key Club, and Mu Alpha Theta. There are many clubs to choose from such as First Priority, FFA, FCA, and SADD. 

6) Choose your friends wisely 

Many students get caught up in trying to be popular, which you will regret in the long run. I have learned in the past couple of years that it is better to have a few really good friends than a lot of fake friends.  

7) Enjoy It! 

You may not like school; I never liked it much, but you’re here for four years so you might as well make the best of it!