The Fight of the Tiger

Caleb, staff

On Friday the Tigers held their first home game of the 2018 season. They came up against Central of Clay County, and the Tigers knew it was going to be a tough fight. The Tigers came in off of a tough loss against Sylacauga but were not going to let that determine how they played. Since this was the first home game of the season, the Tigers were fighting even harder on their own field, no matter who the opponent was.

The Tigers felt like they were fighting a giant going up a hill after going down early in the first quarter. It would only get worse for the Tigers in the first half as CCCHS scored two more touchdowns in the second quarter. The Tigers held a stop for the beginning of the second half, and quarterback Austin Hutcheson was able to throw a 31-yard pass to Cameron Bonner. This eventually led to a 36-yard touchdown pass to again Bonner from Hutcheson. The Tigers were able to completely take over in the third quarter, but a miscommunicated play from the Tiger defense switched the momentum of the game. The Tigers would end up losing 42-6.

As a student and player for Springville, I can say I’m very proud to be a Springville Tiger, and you all should be, too. These players practice as hard as their bodies can physically take every day leading up to the game at the end of the week. During the game they know that their work is not done. They go as hard as they can on every snap not only for the love of the sport but for the love of Springville High School.

The Tigers play Crossville at home this Friday. Make sure to go out and support your Tigers. The players and coaches would love to see you there.

About the Writer
Caleb, Staff

My name is Caleb. I play soccer here at Springville High School, and love to go to every sports event that I can. I wish I could write more about myself,...