Springville vs Center Point

Caleb, staff

The Tigers went into their home game against Cneter Point with huge confidence after their win against Crossville on homecoming. It was pink out so the Tigers even felt like they looked good in their pink gear: “Look good, play good” says Coach Graben. The Tigers knew they had a very tough opponent, but that would stop them from playing their hardest, especially in front of current fighters and survivors of breast cancer.

Springville chose to kick off first and started rough on defense as Center Point managed to score a touchdown and a two-point conversion. It was a battle all night long for both Springville offensive linemen and defensive linemen; they were outsized most of the night but were not outworked. Springville was able to drive down the field on offense with passes from quarterback Austin Hutheson to receivers Cameron Bonner, Jace Hayes, and Brant Brown. The offense was so close but could not push in ball into the end zone. In the first half it seemed as if everything was going against Springville. Center Point played dirty and the refs just didn’t seem to care. The half ended with a score of 24-0, Center Point leading.

Springville went into the second half with heads high, hoping to turn things around, but it seemed as if it was just a repeat of the first half. The size of the Center Point defensive line was noticeable to the Tigers offense. Springville was able to drive down the field all night with short quick passes but could not score on these drives; it just seemed like an unlucky night. After Center Point was able to recover a fumble, the Tigers didn’t know what to do to find some luck, besides keep working hard. The Tigers were able to score two touchdowns at the end of the game, but it was not enough to come back into the game. Springville would lose to Center Point 52-14.

About the Writer
Caleb, Staff

My name is Caleb. I play soccer here at Springville High School, and love to go to every sports event that I can. I wish I could write more about myself, but I really only play soccer and am very competitive. If I could be an animal, I would be a dolphin because I haven’t met anyone that does not like dolphins, and they’re very intelligent. My cat is the love of my life; she’s very fat but thinks she’s really small and tries to fit in tight places but cannot.