Springville’s Historic Soccer Season

Caleb, staff

Springville Soccer has been on the rise ever since word got out 5 years ago that a soccer team would be coming to Springville High School. Not just in the high school, but all around the community. More kids were drawn to the youth program, and after seeing how successful the team was early on, it gave some inspiration for kids to come and compete at a high level.

2019 has been the most-anticipated season since all 9 seniors joined the team as freshmen and were regular starters. Ever since the 2015 season the soccer team has only grown stronger and stronger, and early playoff round exits just gave the players more fuel to work harder in the offseason. This season was anticipated to be the best season the Tigers have ever had, and it has definitely to live up to its full potential.

Springville has had many “firsts” this season, including first time ever going undefeated in area, first time with multiple players over 20 goals and some pushing to 30 goals, first time ever beating multiple top 5 teams in the state like Southside and Guntersville, first time that a player has gone into the collegiate level, and it is also the first time ever a goalie has made 20 saves in a single game.

Besides having all those crazy moments, the Tigers have produced their talent and hard work on the field, scoring a total of 125 goals and only conceding 18 goals in the regular season, something that has never been done in Springville Soccer’s history.

The Tigers are in full swing in the playoffs; they will face St John Paul II in the semi-finals on Thursday in Huntsville. Make sure to go out and support your Tigers in their final few games of the 2019 season!

About the Writer
Caleb, Staff

My name is Caleb. I play soccer here at Springville High School, and love to go to every sports event that I can. I wish I could write more about myself,...